Thursday, November 19, 2009

NOT my child

... but boy, is he a cute one.

If you're having a blegh day like me, please take a second to watch this little tyke discover the wonders of lobsters.



A WaPo blogger wrote that he wants to make that kid's "Wow!" his ringtone. I second that motion.

This reminds me of the first time I encountered creamy, salty, sweet foie gras. I exuded all manner of "wows!" whoas!" and "nom nom noms."

Except I was 22, and in a nice bistro.

(Incidentally, this time of year reminds me of foie gras... For the past two years, a couple of weeks before Christmas, I have placed a special order with my favorite local market for a sizable mound of the pate goodness. It's a holiday treat for us.)

I really, truly hope that when Brad and I have kids, they are as fascinated by gourmet cuisine as this little boy.

3 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Katheter- Thanks so much for sharing! I loved it! I also loved his expression when he pretended to "eat" the lobsters with his nom nom nom. :)

Stephanie said...

adorable! i wish there was footage of him eating and finally touching the lobster!

Stephanie said...

that kid is MEGA cute!!! T and I just watched and giggled. I love how that little guy asks to touch and then says no. Indecisive boy, you are a child after my own heart. :)

Post a Comment